Wednesday, July 8, 2015

London and Texas send peace

Deadline approaches and finances

Participant artists are scrambling to send their contributions before the deadline. They actually think I'm pretty strict mwaaahahahahahaha! Yep, I'm a meanie alright. Happily looks like most artists are sticking with it and nobody yet has raised the white flag. Maybe I will get all the pieces back!?

So what happens if I don't get a piece back? Usually I have to wait until all that piece's "neighbors" are in place. Then I trace the hole, cut another block and make up something quick, carve and done! I'm full of ideas (among other things heh) so a new image is not a problem. 

And a question I get often is "what do you do if there is any money left, do artists get a refund"? Hmmm...money, money, money, 
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world (Abba)

Short answer is: there is NO money left, like, ever. When I start a puzzle project I meticulously dream up a budget, carefully itemizing every detail and add a little more because everything goes up during a year's time. By the time the project ends I invariably have to kick in a few bucks, maybe a few hundred. So you see, these projects are a true labor of love, pure love of art and getting artists together. I get a kick out of the puzzle projects and that's as far as I have been able to come up with a rational reason why I keep doing them. I am a little strange.

And now, the puzzle pieces

Robin Bray-Hurren Brockley
London, UK
www.inkysloth.co.uk


Ava Everett Plano, Texas, by way of Redwood City, CA avaeverett@verizon.net

"Excited to be able to participate in such a wonderful project."

Stay in touch!

1000woodcuts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/1000woodcuts 
Maria's Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/maria.arango.diener 
Maria's Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/1000woodcuts 
1000woodcuts YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/1000woodcuts/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment