Thursday, February 9, 2012

From the desert and the far East (not THAT far)

Wendy Willis from Phoenix Arizona in the USA comments on her city block (and my elusive sanity! LOL):
An urban swimmer enjoying a dip in a rooftop pool. I have a lot of swimmers in my work.  My vision for my City of the World block, apparently in a multistory building of some kind, was to envision an indoor pool where she is swimming laps.  I love collaborations and believe that printmakers hold a special place among artists - the most generous and sharing.  I am happy to be a part of such a great project and think that Maria might be a little "off" for taking on this heavy commitment.  Ahhhh printmakers.  Gotta love them!




Water in the desert, oh yes, I can certainly relate.
Love the newspaper photos, by the way, and who needs sanity? Sanity and reason get in the way of free sailing the wide ocean and tasting the sweet tang of an unknown adventure; be insane, I say! Just a little, anyway.

Alan Greenier sends a block from New Haven Connecticut USA and I strategically placed it in a forest of wrapping materials and little boxes to give everyone a glimpse of my studio these days.


More to come! I'm almost caught up on photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment