Monday, June 17, 2013

My Precioussssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Magic!

When blocks start rolling in I feel like a wizard with a magic precious secret...shall I share right away or shall I wait? Oh, the magic!!! The magic begins, my dear friends!

But first! (is the suspense killing you?) three IMPORTANT notes...er, of note:

  1. Please fill out image information as soon as you know what you are doing, K? If you choose NOT to do that, your block will be published both online and in the book Growing the Garden with your name and location only, not that there's anything wrong with that.
    http://puzzleprints.blogspot.com/p/2013-fantastic-garden.html
  2. If you would like a printed book Growing the Garden at pre-publication price, just send $18 along with your block, via PayPal, in gold nuggets, fine wine or dark chocolate.
  3. At any time during the exciting quest for completion of the Fantastic Garden, you can check the Participant's Page on this blog to see who has returned their block, who is getting a book, etc. I try to update the list every week and will faithfully do so from now until the bitter end.
    http://puzzleprints.blogspot.com/p/participant-list.html


Without further ado, here are the first arrivals in no particular order.

Helen Aland - Katherine AUSTRALIA
This has been a fabulous opportunity to collaborate with Artists from all over the globe.  I have tried to project a little piece of my garden in the woodblock  - a flock of Red Tail Cockatoos flying off into the sunset, a scene I often am privileged to see!

Andrew Borloz - Northeast USA
The flowers & leaves in the image that I created for this project do not really exist in the natural world. They were created from my imagination to reflect the theme: fantastic garden - it may have been inspired or influenced by the dogwood flowers & leaves in my backyard. The shape of the wooden block that I got looked like a pear, but I decided to ignore the shape and just carve the flower, leaves and twigs. 



Fantastic Garden Headquarters: http://puzzleprints.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment