Thursday, September 5, 2013

New Batch of Garden Denizens

All Gardens Share Critters

Through this project I have been amazed at the similarities between gardens here and there. Sure, a desert garden is much different than a rain forest garden or a European or Australian garden, but it never ceases to amaze me that the same critters and plants reappear regardless of locale.

The mantis abounds here in the desert as well and thrives among fruit trees like our hardy Pomegranate, where it finds those pesky bugs that open the ripe fruit and ruin it just before I was going to pick.
The lotus (don't miss the artist's inspiring comments on this one!) seemed to belong among our own hard working Century Plant, which is said to bloom once in its lifetime and immediately after begin a journey to plant heaven.
The toadstool belonged sheltered under the folds of a rather large seashell (about 2 feet wide!) that we inherited along with the house.


Bee Shay - Nantucket, Massachusetts USA 

Sarah Wojciechowski - North Royalton, Ohio USA
For my puzzle piece I decided to portray a lotus blossom. The lotus flower represents fortune, purity, and hard work. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk.The second meaning, which is related to the first is purification. It resembles the purifying of the spirit which is born into murkiness. The third meaning refers to faithfulness. Those who are working to rise above the muddy waters.

Sarah Cvilicek - Reno, Nevada USA
When I think of a fantastic garden I think of all of the possibilities and who is living there! A whole world is there and magic happens. So for me I see little houses for fairies and gnomes! It is my hope that a gnome takes up residence in my toadstool house! 
Happy Magic in this amazing garden!

Fantastic Garden Headquarters: http://puzzleprints.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment