Last day of chop chopWow, how time flies when you're having fun, huh?!
All 160 blocks are officially cut. I have some observations from this and the last two days of chopping wood:
- It's true, they don't make them like they used to--saw-blades, that is. I massacred twice as many blades as lost their tiny lives last year. Sad, really.
- Dust masks are not really completely...AAAACHOOOOO!!!...dust proof, sniff.
- Cats freak out at the sound of the saw almost as much as they freak out at the sound of the vacuum cleaner.
- My neighbors are either really nice and tolerant or deaf. Their dogs are definitely not deaf...but they are really nice.
- If a lot of jig-sawing must be done, pick a nice windy day so no sweeping of wood dust is needed.
- A boring task is much less boring with flamenco music.
Okay, seriously now, here are the pictures from the last day of sawing. I am ready to mail beginning tomorrow. Artists! sharpen your creative minds and tools please!
|The "sun" block, ready to be chopped.|
Had to set up in back porch due to rain, yes, rain!
|Saber-saw-action-figure complete with safety equipment, ready for action.|
A lot of kneeling and gyrating required, good thing I stretched.
|Puzzle blocks are bigger this year so everyone can have a good time.|
|Not much left of the big blocks except a bunch of dust and|
weird shapes. This one will have to wait for puzzle blocks
to hold its shape again.
|The sweet sweet look of the "love" block, the last block to be cut.|
|And this is what 160 puzzle pieces look like.|
|Lot of long sweeping shapes, some teardrops, rounds...|
Challenging blank canvasses for sure!
|The empty, sad, big blocks, will bide until they are filled|
with happy tiny creations from all over the world!
Mailing begins tomorrow!
Stay in touch!1000woodcuts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/1000woodcuts
Maria's Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/maria.arango.diener
Maria's Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/1000woodcuts
1000woodcuts YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/1000woodcuts/videos