Friday, December 2, 2011

Mejico via Washington and Queensland Australia

World traveler Marilynn Smith spends time equally in Mexico and Nahcotta, Washington USA, she takes time out from the road to send a clever contribution:
I don't live in the "city" any more, love being a country girl. My brain just did not want to deliver an image for "City of the World". A few days ago we had the first storm of the season, here on the Washington coast, it blew hard, it rained like crazy and I put on my rain suit to take my dogs for their morning walk. Day dreaming as I walked I thought "when I was in the city I would be carrying an umbrella". Inspiration, I had my image for "City of the World". It is an upside down umbrella on a porch with a cloud and rain drops. I call it a Blustery Day in the Pacific Northwest.


And Diane Patmore from Queensland, AUSTRALIA, sends us a party!
Living just minutes from the sea I thought an evening party on the beach, with fairy lights in the trees, might be fun and a good way for us "citizens of the world" to get to know each other.
So...here is my block "Beach Party."


Gotta love that newspaper image too!
******************************************************
Don't forget!
Deadline: December 31st 2011
Send Block Details/Information for the Colophon: http://1000woodcuts.com/forms/cityblockinfo.htm
******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment