Friday, March 18, 2016

Traveling Year! Big ones are biting...

Calendar Shaping Up

Started out the year thinking "eaaaasy girl..." after all this is only my second full year back in the mad mad world of art festivals. Well, toss easy out the window! Since my last stint at being an itinerant artist, I decided last year I would only apply for larger and well rated festivals hoping to get into a few. The reasoning being that a festival is hard to do, mentally, emotionally, and most of all, physically. Little festival, big festival, all the same, really and the big ones pay dividends. I'm getting up there in years and haven't gotten any taller lately which would greatly help! 
Seriously, the road life can be tough on a lass like me and so I thought I would end up doing two or three festivals a year and work on my tan and my art the rest of the year. The events are very competitive and usually takes several years of applying to break in. I'm not complaining, mind you...
Salt Lake City, The Temple
sight seeing is a "side effect" of traveling!

Here is my calendar so far (also at the left column of this blog), just looking at it makes me tired:

March 4 (Opening)
Peace Puzzle & Maria Arango woodcuts
Exhibit March 1st-April 30 2016
Creative Framing & Gallery
Oakland California

April 1, 2 & 3
Downtown Tucson Arizona
Along 4th Ave, between 4th St and 8th St

June 23-26
Washington/Library Square
Salt Lake City, Utah

July 29-31
Bellevue Washington
Bellevue Square, downtown by the Museum


But never mind that the horse is lame...load the wagon!

So with this latest acceptance, adrenaline started flowing and that is always exciting, as it should be. What the heck, you only live once, right?
Here are some pictures of my last Salt Lake City Utah festival, which was awesome, exhausting and full of wonder.
My booth, UAF 2015

"My" tree, looking up from my chair

Long hours require refreshment and nourishment

Very well attended

And the night life!!!

Stay in touch!

1000woodcuts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/1000woodcuts 
Maria's Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/maria.arango.diener 
Maria's Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/1000woodcuts 
1000woodcuts YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/1000woodcuts/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment