Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Artist Residency in THE most beautiful place around these parts!

Artist Residency!

While all the excitement from the first puzzle prints exhibit was going on, I neglected to announce my upcoming artist residency.
Joshua Tree Forest, in Red Rock Canyon NCA
I am privileged and excited to have been chosen for the very first artist in-residence program offered by the Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association in beautiful Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area very near Las Vegas, Nevada.

Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area

Just West of the city, this wondrous place has world-renowned rock climbing and geology, box canyons, water springs year around and more hiking and awe than can be absorbed in a short two weeks.

I will be frolicking about, making sketches, writing and leaving my wood-chips in various parts of the canyon. I will also offer two public and free workshops during my residency in which participants will help me make yet another puzzle print!

Details and Dates

My residency begins April 6th and ends April 19th.
WORKSHOP dates are Sunday, April 13th or Saturday, April 19th from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Call 702-515-5367 to reserve a spot, limit is 15 students each day.
We will be making a collaborative puzzle print with each student carving a tiny piece of a big image. Should be tons of fun!

The exact schedule of my wanderings will be available at the Visitor's Center so anyone can come up and find me on any given day. We can chat all about nature, the Red Rock areas, woodcuts and art!
Grab a map at the Visitor's Center and check the Artist-In-Residency display for days and locations.

I am planning to be on location on the following days and dates. Call ahead or stop by the Visitor Center for exact times:


Sunday April 6
Monday April 7
Wednesday April 9
Friday April 11
WORKSHOP Sunday April 13
Wednesday April 16
Friday April 18
WORKSHOP II Saturday April 19

Blog, Woodcuts, and Pictures

My M.O. when art-venturing in nature is to walk, drink the beauty, write a little, sketch a little and photograph a little. I will be faithfully recording the daily frolics in this blog, and on Facebook and/or Twitter as much as I can.
The plan is to make a bunch of "sketch" smaller woodcuts and write about the experience, later to be assembled in a publication of some sort.

Come on out and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment