Monday, October 19, 2015

Wee bit of construction and the book Peace in Print

Construction in the studio

There is only one solution when trying to fit 8 stacks of 160 prints each into my humble studio, go high! So this Sunday I built an "apartment building" to aid in collating the prints. Rough construction but I had some scrap wood and it will do very nicely when the time comes for collating the sets of prints. Incidentally for the first few years of my young adult life I stacked my few books and some plants on furniture made with cinder blocks and particle board shelves. Easy construction, easier take down, worked great, cheap as dirt...ah the days!
Anyhow, here are some pics of the Peace Shelves
Major stack of 1380 prints on a convenient hydraulic lift table

2x6 risers, 1x2 cross members, 3-ply corrugated cardboard shelves

First four

Instruments of mass construction

Ready to roll, captain, my captain!

...and the Peace in Print book

Constructing the information book isn't nearly as fun as playing with wood and screws but I really really want to be mailing before the Christmas rush hits the postal services. So I'm progressing nicely, below a pic of my "office" with my BFF Bamboo graphics tablet and Photoshop on the screen. Window keeps me sane. 
Each artist gets a page and that is what I'm working on at the moment, 160 images to be extracted from the Peace prints, one image for the location icon (top right), one image for the block (smaller) and one image for the resulting print with the background faded for effect (larger image). And of course the artist's name and location and whatever they wrote about their image. Coming along nicely!
Where it all gets put together

Thank goodness for the window and the coffee

Sample page for each artist


Stay in touch!

1000woodcuts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/1000woodcuts 
Maria's Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/maria.arango.diener 
Maria's Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/1000woodcuts 
1000woodcuts YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/1000woodcuts/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment