Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Nature

Maria Coit
Ridgecrest, CA
mariacoit.com

I find peace out in nature, with wide open skies and a gentle (or sometimes not-so-gentle) breeze.  It allows my mind to wander and I spend my time thinking.  Sometimes I solve problems, other times I just enjoy my surroundings.  I wanted to capture this idyllic setting in my contribution for the peace puzzle.

Angela Michelle Faz
Dallas, Texas, USA www.angelafaz.com

The Peace Puzzle was a great exercise as I examined my life to question what peace meant to me.  I discovered my version of peace was an action. Peace to me is working in the garden, sowing a seed with patience and a pledge to give it the best possible start.  The image I created for the Peace Puzzle is a representation of sowing a seed with an intention that can connect to many meanings. Using ancestral geometric imagery, I illustrated the strength one mighty seed possesses.  The seed with nourishment can reproduce for many generations and this what I strove to convey in this block.  Lastly, as an unknown author once said, “Gardening is cheaper than therapy, and you get tomatoes!” So there is that.


Teena Severn Longreach, QLD, Australia www.facebook.com/TeenaSevernArtAustralia/

The image I have used for this woodcut is something very close to my heart.  The time spent holding my children in my arms is the most beautiful thing in the world and when they fall asleep on you it is pure bliss and PEACE.  I have also included some gum leaves which symbolises nature, which to me is where I am most at peace. I think this is a wonderful project and such a amazing collaboration of ideas. I am so glad to be apart of it and can't wait to see the prints.


georga garside west covina, ca. ggarside@weebly.com

my inner hippie came out with this block. im a flower child who still believes in peace and love. (cherry is a lot harder to cut than linoleum!)

Bernadette Martinez Alameda USA W
ww.arterypress.org

"Piece puzzle
My inspiration in making the puzzle woodblock pierce was Mother Earth and what we, as Humans must respect to our World. We take for granted our environment and must make changes to create life, balance and peace. Peace is our souls that are One. Out Oneness is within us that blooms Peace.

I enjoyed creating the art that will be inspired to All. It is an honor to be a part of this celebration. The birth of the Peace Puzzle!! Thank you Maria for all your efforts and bird dogging us! If it wasn't for your hollers to remind us the deadline, I'd totally forget it. Thank you again!!

One Love,
Bernadette w"

Stay in touch!

1000woodcuts Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/1000woodcuts 
Maria's Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/maria.arango.diener 
Maria's Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/1000woodcuts 
1000woodcuts YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/1000woodcuts/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment