Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's the moooost wonderful time!

...Of the Year!


I confess I love Christmas season. Mostly it gives me a reason to engage in one of my vices, pathological generosity. Any other time of the year people kind of look at me weird but during Christmas season, well, I can GIVE stuff to anyone and they just chalk it off to the spirit of the season.

More importantly, I like to give art away which means I get to make art. The past couple of years have been strange and I haven't been myself so I decided to renew a holiday tradition and print some original artworks to give away to a short list of friends and family. This year, though, I'm starting something new on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/1000woodcuts and reaching out to strangers. Keep an eye on that page, a few days and the experiment will commence!

All is Calm, All is Bright


Two of my favorite giveaway prints, unfortunately I'm out of stock! Printing begins with the background, silver, white and pearl dust! The paper is Rives de Lin, an absolutely luxurious white paper with a soft finish and fluffy texture. The background block is carved and scratched with rough sandpaper so that it adds to the shimmery feeling of the prints. Here we go!

All is Bright (left), All is Calm (right)

Background block

Printed proof

Shimmer pearl, white and silver ink

A day's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment