Tuesday, August 27, 2013

More puzzle pieces to enjoy!

Critters and a Landscape


Today, an octopus in the garden! I swear I can't get that Beatles song out of my head when I look at this lovely creature. Appropriately, I (Photoshop) placed it in the pool so it would feel right at home. Sharron Huffman is an octopus master printer! I met her at the Nature Printing Society workshop a couple of years ago. Every relief printer should nature print some time in their lives.

And two contributions from Canada, a peaceful landscape under the clouds and a darling porcupine. Both were placed in the shade of trees; the landscape under the (very messy) Palo Verde and the porcupine under a mesquite tree, nestled by the (appropriately) spiny leaves of a young Century Plant.



Sharron Huffman - Milwaukie, Oregon USA
http://www.sharronhuffman.com

The octopus image originated as a real octopus. I made a gyotaku of the octopus and then used that original as the basis of a 8" square encaustic collage, "Octopus's Garden," with inclusions of hydrangea petals and daisy prints. A scan of the finished encaustic piece provided the outline for my block design. I must say it's easier to print an octopus than it is to carve one! But I knew it had to be ... every garden needs an octopus.
Bonnie Baker - Nova Scotia CANADA
Janel Warmington - Nova Scotia CANADA
On to the next batch! Five more came in over the weekend so I have some photographing to do...except it is RAINING!? How cool...

Fantastic Garden Headquarters: http://puzzleprints.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment