Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Caboose!

Aside from my own blocks, coming next post, these are the last three citizens. The project ended up with 112 participants and 2 memorial blocks carved to honor former project participants. Honestly, I'm amazed at the result and the resiliency of all the citizens who chose to finish.

The reward for everyone will be a truly awesome collection of tiny prints from all over the world, assembled into a viewing whole of rather large proportions. I hope to inspire present and future participants in creating collaborations such as this one. The exercise is tedious and time consuming at times but ultimately rewarding.

Here are the last three city blocks.

Kris Alder from Springdale, Utah USA one of my favorite stops en route to endless and magic back roads in the Southwest.


Michaela Stubbs from West Preston, Victoria AUSTRALIA sends her contribution:


Carol Myers from Indianapolis, Indiana USA sends her city block:


And that concludes all the city blocks except for mine, posted next time.

I have been busy carving the "skeleton" blocks, updating the spreadsheet, building a "key" so everyone can see who did what and a hundred other things. My list of things to do seems to keep getting longer as I check things off.

Among the urgent tasks yet to do:
-Post progress pictures in blog
-Post final block pictures on website
-Glue all blocks loosely to backing matboard, ready to proof and print
-Build paper-drop jigs for ease in placing the paper when printing
-Finish "key" for everyone to download, will be mailed with finished prints
-If time allows, proof blocks to identify printing problems
-Build colophon, although I'm leaving this one on simmer while I travel to the print party
-Publish colophon for everyone to download and/or purchase bound booklet

And of course pack for my 1000-mile trip but, having done some 200 art festivals out of town in the past 12 years, I'm pretty good at that by now.
Carry on...




No comments:

Post a Comment