Monday, February 20, 2012

Ontario Canada and Baltimore Maryland bring us two more city blocks

Louise Cass, from Toronto, Ontario CANADA, says this about her block:
This is simply the view of downtown Toronto (with a smidgeon of Lake Ontario) seen from my studio window! Also to be noticed is what used to be the tallest edifice in the world - the CN Tower!

That's a very cool image, a city within a city. I'm just delighted!

Amanda Gordon Miller sends her block from Baltimore Maryland USA refreshes us with her image and words:
I have lived or worked in a city for most of my adult life.  I find myself both attracted to and repulsed by the city, and this ambivalence made it hard for me to settle on a subject.  I'm very excited to be part of the City of the World Project, and so I decided that my contribution should focus on the positive.  I chose to show water, as cleansing, restorative, and regenerative.  The fountain image is based on a photo I took when visiting St. Augustine, FL, the oldest city in the United States and one of my favorite places. 

Thank you both and everyone else!

Links to remember for those who have not yet sent information about their blocks:
THE BLOG! Where everything happens:http://puzzleprints.blogspot.com/
The place to send information about your city block:http://1000woodcuts.com/forms/cityblockinfo.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria - Thanks for such a great photo of my city block (pun?!) I'd intended to photograph it but didn't get around to it...just hope it prints well -wish I could join the printing party....
    congrats/thanks for all the hard work you put into these amazing projects!!
    LC

    ReplyDelete